What is a casual employee?
Casual Employees work on a call-in basis and/or do not have regularly scheduled hours every week.
These sections of the part-time collective agreement cover casual positions:
- Article 2.2: Definition of casual employee
- Appendix 3B: Detail of rights and entitlements for temporary employees
What Collective Agreement Articles apply to casual employees?
Appendix 3B of the part-time collective agreement details the rights of temporary employees. No other provisions will apply unless stated in Appendix 3B.
- Ontario Human Rights (Article 3.3)
- Harassment (Article 6)
- Union Matters (Article 7)
- Overtime (Article 9.5)
- Wages (Article 10.1)
- Holidays (Article 13)
- Vacation Pay (Article 14.1)
- Bereavement Leave (Article 15.2)