What is a project of a non-recurring kind position?
Also known as a PNRK position, these positions are defined in the part-time collective agreement and are created to fulfill the needs of a specific project.
PNRKs are contract positions that:
- Can be up to 12 months in length.
- A written agreement between the Local and the College can extend a PNRK contract over 12 months.
- Work from 35 up to 40 hours per week.
These sections of the part-time collective agreement cover less than 12-month positions:
- Article 2.5: Definition of Project of a Non-Recurring Kind Employee
- Appendix 2: Detail of rights and entitlements for PNRK employees
What Collective Agreement Articles apply to PNRK employees?
Appendix 2 of the part-time collective agreement details the rights of PNRK employees. No other provisions will apply unless stated in Appendix 2:
- Ontario Human Rights (Article 3.3)
- Harassment (Article 6)
- Union Matters (Article 7)
- Overtime (Article 9.5)
- Wages (Article 10.1)
- Shift Premium (Article 10.3)
- Holidays (Article 13)
- Vacation Pay (Article 14.1)
- Bereavement Leave (Article 15.2)