What is a temporary employee?
Temporary employees are employed to replace a regular part-time employee who is on leave or is employed for up to 9 months (for example, seasonal workers).
These sections of the part-time collective agreement cover temporary positions:
- Article 2.3: Definition of temporary employee
- Appendix 3A: Detail of rights and entitlements for temporary employees
What Collective Agreement Articles apply to temporary employees?
Appendix 3A of the part-time collective agreement details the rights of temporary employees. No other provisions will apply unless stated in Appendix 3A.
- Ontario Human Rights (Article 3.3)
- Harassment (Article 6)
- Union Matters (Article 7)
- Overtime (Article 9.5)
- Wages (Article 10.1)
- Shift Premium (Article 10.3)
- Holidays (Article 13)
- Vacation Pay (Article 14.1)
- Bereavement Leave (Article 15.2)