Drop off date: Wednesday, March 30
Location: 51 Adair Ave. South, Hamilton
WHAT WE KNOW:
- Almost one quarter of Canadian women say they have struggled to afford menstrual products for themselves or their children.
- Almost 60% of community organizations say they are asked for free menstrual products and more than 80% of community agencies do not have a budget to buy them.
- When people don’t have access to menstrual products, they miss school, work and other opportunities to contribute to their community.
The Period Promise campaign by United Way is an easy way to help everybody live with the dignity that we deserve. Join us and be a part of the solution in three ways:
- Run a product drive to collect tampons, pads, and other menstrual products to support vulnerable people in our communities.
- Make a financial donation to support the campaign and allow United Way to use our purchase power to make a bulk buy on your behalf.
- Sign onto the Period Promise Policy Agreement and commit to providing menstrual products to staff, members, clients, guests and/or customers.
There is a global movement toward menstrual equity: Ensuring menstrual hygiene products are affordable, safe and available, especially to those in need. United Way Halton & Hamilton recognizes and supports the need for menstrual equity in our own communities.
Period Promise is devoted to making fundamental change so that we can eradicate period poverty in our communities. Part of that includes working with governments, businesses, unions, and other organizations to move the dial and change policy.
To make other arrangements, contact Gillian at email@example.com