Information will be added to this page over time. If you know of a local organization or resource offering support at this time, let us know at email@example.com.
Updated May 15 2020.
Services from Employee Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan – Confidential support and help to resolve work, health, and life challenges.
- Lumino Health (Sun Life) – Find a health care provider in your area.
Learn more about and apply for financial supports for individuals, families, indigenous communities, students, youth, persons who are sick, quarantined, caring for the sick, or unable to work. See CERB questions and answers for more info.
- Financial Relief Navigator – Learn about the help you can get to raise your income or lower your expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support in the Hamilton Area
- Food4Kids – Assistance for Food4Kids families will continue by mail during the public school closure.
- Hamilton Food Share – Find a food bank in Hamilton.
- Directory of Hamilton Community Services (PDF) – Extensive of organizations assisting with food supply, addiction, mental health, youth programs, housing, newcomer services, and more.
- Transit and DARTS FAQ
Mental Health Resources
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- COVID-19 and Mental Health
- Online resources for Mental Health
- CAMH Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic – Learn about coping with stress, anxiety, quarantine, isolation, and stigma and prejudice.
- The Wellness Society’s Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- Wellness Together Canada – Mental Health and Substance Use Support
OPSEU Region 2 Hardship Fund
The Hardship Fund assists members in good standing who are experiencing unexpected and/or temporary financial hardship. It provides emergency financial assistance based on need, duration, and available budget. You must have signed and submitted your membership form to be a member in good standing.
Mohawk College COVID-19 Information
Public Health Organizations
- COVID-19 and Human Rights
- City of Hamilton Public Health
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization